Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Ric Caddel, 1949-2003

Yesterday was the fifth anniversary of the death of the British poet Richard Caddel. I've written a little bit about him here and a little bit more in the introduction to Uncertain Time, the first US edition of one of his books, which Pressed Wafer will be bringing out later this year. So for now all I'll say is that Ric had a very big influence on me as a writer, reader, and maker of poems, and even though I never knew him I miss him.

Here's one from Uncertain Time which has been particularly with me this past year:


GRACKLES


Words, words.

The tumult
to live where
you would be
loved.

The waters
rising.

2 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger billymills said...

Ric was fantastic as a person and as a poet. Nice to see him remembered.

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Miserable Grad Student said...

Thank you for sharing this wonderful poet. That's a great poem that you picked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home